Thursday, October 03, 2013

My View as a Fed

I have been in the Federal Government since 1989.  I have seen the ups and downs of being a Federal Employee.  In the 1990's when everything was wonderful and people were making substantial sums of money in the Private Sector no one complained how much Federal Employees made.  However since we have seen two major economic events since 2000 and many people lost their high paying jobs there has been a constant attack on Federal Employees and how much they make.   I can remember in the 1990's when people in the Private Sector were making two to three times as much as I was in the same field.  I knew that this was the trade off for having job security as a Fed versus being in the more volatile Private Sector.  Everyone has a choice to make when it comes to job stability.  I'm sure now many people who lost their high paying jobs wish they had chosen Federal Service rather than the Private Sector. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home